Four Classics of Telugu Fiction (1875-1953)
|Publisher:||Dravidian University Campus|
|Other Details||9.00 X 6.00 inch|
Emerging out of perceptions of a few outstanding academics and administrators and sustained by the bold commitment of the Government of Andhra Pradesh to promote a spirit of integration and strong bonds of fraternity among the major Dravidian language speakers, the Dravidian University came into being in 1997. Conceived as an Inter- state institution, the neighbouring Governments of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala have also extended a helping hand. The Tirumala Tirupati Devastahanams too came with annual development grants.
The University which had only five Departments in 2005 has now grown and expanded into six Schools with 18 Departments and five Centres. It is now a multi-disciplinary Institution with programmes in all the traditional and modern subjects - Languages, Human & Social Sciences, Sciences, Education and Commerce & Management. Besides, it hosts the 21*'Century IT Gurukulam. During the Decennial Celebrations, the University has launched two more major institutions — Rajiv Gandhi Rural Resources Development Centre for Inclusive Education (RRRDC), and Giripadam Center for Preservation of Endangered Dravidian Languages and Development.
D.U. is the only University which established separate Departments for all major Dravidian languages such as Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam and Tulu with Translation Studies for the first time in the country. D.U. is also the first to start the Five-year Integrated Masters’ Programmes in six disciplines.
A special division Anusyjana(Translation Bureau) aiming to involve all the professional translators all over the country for translating the Dravidian classics from one language to another is started. Prasardnga has brought out 49 publications in all the five languages inc!uding Tulu within a short span of two years.
D.U. has the courage to dream, commitment to make dream a reality shaping the University a centre of universal conscience.
We Also Recommend
The Original Programme of The Theosophical Society And Preliminary Memorandum of the Esoteric Section