Studies in Psychology (An Old and Rare Book)
|Publisher:||University of Mysore, Mysore|
|Other Details||10.00 X 6.50 inch|
The Department of Psychology in the University of Mysore. Mysore was founded in 1924. It is the second oldest Department in the country. Though the University of Calcutta introduced Psychology as a discipline to be taught at University level, the University of Mysore, has the distinction of creating the first Chair in Psychology in the country. M. V. Gopalaswamy was appointed to the chair and he held the Professorship with distinction from 1924 to 1952 till he retired from service. B. Kuppuswamy was his worthy successor and he headed the Department as Professor of Psychology from 1952 to 1962. The present Head of the Department, B. Krishnan holds the Professorship from 1962. The Department of Psychology was first started in Maharaja's College, Mysore. It was bifurcated in 1960. The Post-Graduate section was shifted in the same year to the new campus, Manasa Gangotri and the Under-Graduate section was retained in Maharaja's College. The Department in Manasa Gangotri is known as the Post-Graduate Department of Studies and Research in Psychology. In 1965 a Bio-Psychology Laboratory was added to the Post-Graduate Department. Thanks to the benevolence of the Vice-Chancellor Prof. D. Javare Gowda, the Department has its own independent building to house all its sections of studies and research.
During its existence for half a century the Department has produced research in certain selected areas of psychology, devised a few instruments, standardized some psychological tests, and published books and articles in Professional Journals. The Department has been attracting students from other Universities besides those of Mysore University, to conduct research leading to the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy. Many of the students of the Department have distinguished themselves in public service and other walks of life.
**Contents and Sample Pages**
We Also Recommend
The Original Programme of The Theosophical Society And Preliminary Memorandum of the Esoteric Section