The Brazen Serpent
The Brazen Serpent is an advanced treatise on the Hermetic Qabalah from a unique Thelemic perspective. It is NOT a beginner’s guide. The Brazen Serpent expects the reader to be familiar with the Thelemic paradigm and have working knowledge of the Tree of Life.
The Brazen Serpent aims to fulfill the needs of serious readers who have dozens of books regurgitating the same basic information.
The Brazen Serpent not only goes beyond the basics of Qabalah but adds to the evolving compendium, backed by the collected works of Aleister Crowley.
The Brazen Serpent is organized into four parts:
I. Introduction –
- Explores the theory of man’s Prime Deviation and notions of The Fall in the context of the Hermetic Qabalah
- Presents an analysis of consciousness using Qabalistic and Thelemic terms
- Provides an outline of the Tree of Life using the Caduceus
- Describes how involution and evolution occurs on the Tree of Life
- Delves into the psychology of True Will
II. The Spheres –
- Gives a thorough analysis of the spheres, Kether to Malkuth, in all four worlds
- Explains how and why attributes are given instead of listing a table of correspondences
- Provides a context into the Hermetic Qabalah from sources prior to Athanasius Kircher in order to highlight the evolution into Thelemic Qabalah
- Elucidates the system presented in the A.’.A.’. and the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn from an initiated perspective
III. The Paths –
- Gives a thorough analysis of the paths, Tav to Aleph, with specific characteristics of each for the practitioner to utilize in his work
- Provides extensive Gematria analysis for each letter using AIQ BKR, AThBASh cypher, and more
- Explains the function of each path in relation to its attributes and connecting spheres
- Describes the history of tarot images associated with each path
IV. The Negative Veils & Daath –
- Sorry, but this one’s a secret.
We Also Recommend
Sacred Magic of the Ancients Occult Lessons 5bk set, Aquarian school of Masters by Dr Merle E Parker